Dr. Scott McCall received a Bachelor of Science with a major in Biology graduating cum laude from the College of William and Mary in 1997. He attended medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis and graduated with high honors, class of 2001. Dr. McCall completed his Orthopedic Surgery residency at the Campbell Clinic in Memphis and joined the Mid-Tennessee Bone and Joint Clinic in August of 2006.
Dr. McCall received several awards and honors during his undergraduate and medical education:
• NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship recipient
• Recipient of the Bruce Davidson Memorial Scholarship, Southern Medical Association Academic and Leadership Scholarship, and the Frank W. Dugan Memorial Scholarship
• Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
• Graduated Cum Laude, the College of William and Mary
Dr. McCall also competed nationally in the sport of gymnastics where he won several awards:
• 1995 and 1996 USA Collegiate National Rings Champion
• 1997 Nissen-Emery Award Finalist, “The Heisman Trophy of Men’s Gymnastics”
• 1997 Outstanding Senior Athlete at the College of William and Mary
Dr. McCall’s focus is on the knee. He performs sports medicine procedures and knee replacements. Dr. McCall has performed over 4,000 knee replacements in his career and was one of the first surgeons in middle Tennessee to offer image guided knee replacements. He is MAKO certified and offers both partial and total knee replacements to his patients utilizing the MAKO robot at Maury Regional Hospital.
In addition to knee replacement, Dr. McCall performs arthroscopic surgery on the knee and shoulder. He offers both meniscal repair as well as cartilage and ligament repair.
Dr. McCall has been a physician leader in his community for the last decade serving as Chief of Surgery at Maury Regional from 2012-2013, and Chief of Staff at Maury Regional Hospital in 2020. He has served on the boards of both the Tennessee Medical Association and the Tennessee Orthopaedic Society. He is currently the president of MTBJ.
Dr. McCall and his wife, Krisi, were married in May 2004 and reside in Franklin with their son, Miles.