Refills and Test Results Policies
The extremely high volume of telephone messages received regarding medication prescriptions and refills have initiated the following policies:
- Patients should ask for prescriptions and refills at the time of their office visits.
- Routine medication refills should be requested during the hours of 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Call your pharmacy when a refill is needed. We must speak with your pharmacist when considering refills or changes.
- Do not wait until you are completely out of your medication to request a refill. Contact your pharmacy at least 48 hours before your medicine runs out.
- If you have not seen the doctor within the last six (6) months, an office exam is usually required to refill a prescription. In some cases, more frequent office exams may be required. Call 931-381-2663 to schedule your appointment.
- Refills will be called to the pharmacy after 5:00 PM. Please call the pharmacy to see if a prescription has been approved. Do not call the office to see if your prescription has been called in. Your doctor is seeing patients during the day and will respond to your request for refills at the earliest convenience.
- Patients who are scheduled for a clinical appointment such as a cast change/dressing change will not see a physician. No prescription will be given during a clinical appointment.
- Narcotic prescription refill requests need to be personally called in to our office. Do not wait until you are completely out of your medication to request a refill. Contact us at least 48 hours before your medicine runs out. We will call you when the prescription is ready. Please do not call the office to see if your prescription has been refilled.
- Absolutely No Refills for pain medication will be filled after hours or on weekends.
- Do not call the “On-Call” physician unless you have a serious medical problem. Routine refills are NOT an emergency.
Refills That Require Pre-Approval
- If you are requesting a refill for which your insurance company requires approval, remember to allow up to five (5) working days for this refill.
- We cannot refill stolen, lost or damaged prescriptions.
Please call the office or schedule a return office visit as instructed by your doctor for test results. The physician may contact you sooner at their discretion.